These words are very similar but there are some differneces
1. We use do when we do not say exactly what activity we are talking about-
for example with something, nothing, anything, everything,what.
- Do something! I like doing nothing
- What shall we do? Then he did a very strange thing
2. We use do when we talk about work and in the structure do -ing
- I’m not going to do any work today. I’m going to do some reading.
- I dislike doing housework. I hate doing the cooking and shopping.
- Would you like to do my job.
3. We often use make to talk about constructing building, building, creating etc
- I’ve just made a cake. Let’s make a plan.
- My father and I once made a boat.
4, Learn these expressions
- do good/ harm/ business/ one’s best/ a favour
- make an offer/ arrangements/ suggestion/ a decision/
an attempt/ an effort/ an excuse/ an exception/ a mistake/
a noise/ a journey/ a phone call/ money/ a profit/ love/ peace/
war/ a bed